Monday, October 22, 2018

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies week of October 21st 2018




October 21st to October 27th, 2018

I'd like to start off this week's Island Update by thanking you for the many, many birthday greetings. I received your kind wishes via email, in the Chat Room, and well over 100 birthday greetings via my Facebook page. WOW! It was so cool to have my birthday fall on a show day and I really enjoyed celebrating with you on the air. Thanks again. I was also very pleased to send Happy Birthday wishes to listeners Mike Dillon in 100 Mile House, British Columbia; Donna Siren in St. Louis, Missouri and to Marcia Moses. If you birthday is approaching, please be sure to let me know in advance so that I can wish you Happy Birthday on the air and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you. Send the details to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'd also like to say Happy Anniversary to my lifelong friends Frank and Ria Vandeven in Mission, British Columbia.

I am looking forward to next week's show when it will be the annual Halloween Spooktacular. We get underway at 6 pm Pacific with 4 hours of spooky Halloween sounds and great songs. It'll be fun and scary. By the way, BIG thanks to Eddy Fisher, my partner and Webmaster for this year's Halloween Spooktacular video promo. The feedback and comments I have received from listeners is excellent. Eddy, what a great way to get everyone in the mood for Halloween; thanks very much.

A historical event took place in Canada this past week with the national legalization of recreational cannabis. Some of the songs on this week's show were in fun recognition, such as Along Comes Mary, One Toke Over The Line, Let's Go Get Stoned, and more. Check out this week's complete playlist at the Listen page then scroll down the page to the Playlist.

The Top Five Countdown this week is from 1961, this week's Spotlight Year on the show. Sitting at the Number One position is Dion. Runaround Sue is playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Treasure Island Oldies Blog.

Next week the Voice Your Choice spotlight is on The Delfonics, a great soul group from Philadelphia. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Didn't I Blow Your Mind or La La Means I Love You. As next week is the Halloween Spooktacular, I'll play the winning song in two weeks on the November 4th Live show.

Listen to this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

See you next week in the Crypt for the Halloween Spooktacular. 

Bye for now.
Michael