Monday, October 08, 2018

This Week On Treasure Island Oldies Week of October 7th 2018

October 7th to October 13th, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! I sure enjoyed the celebration over the four hours of this week's Canadian Thanksgiving Special. And it was great to play some "thankful" songs for you as well, such as I Thank You, Let's Turkey Trot, Thank You For Being My Friend, Share The Land, and so many more. For a complete list of all songs played on this week's show, go to the Listen page and scroll down to the Playlist. 

Warning: our next special will "unearth" you. The annual Halloween Spooktacular will air this year Live Sunday, October 28th. This annual special is one of the most popular of the year and I invite you to join me in the Crypt starting at 6 pm Pacific. It'll be a very scary time!

If you birthday is coming up soon, please let me know. Send the date info to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com and I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the show and play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

The Top Five Countdown this week is from 1970. And at the top of the chart it's Neil Diamond. Cracklin' Rosie is now playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Treasure Island Oldies Blog.

Next week the Voice Your Choice spotlight is on Connie Francis, the top female vocalist of the late '50s and early '60s. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Everybody's Somebody's Fool or Lipstick On Your Collar. I'll play the winner next week's show.

Listen to this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Have a great week and I look forward to enjoying the music once again with you next week. 

Bye for now.
Michael