Monday, July 29, 2019

The Troggs - Number One Treasure Island Oldies Top Five Countdown 1966

Imagine having your debut single head straight to the top of the charts. That's what happened for The Troggs, a group produced and managed by Larry Page, who was also the manager of The Kinks. I worked with Larry Page during my years at A&M Records when I was the head of the A&R Department. We distributed his record label, Page One Records. I did a remix of Erotic Soul by the Larry Page Orchestra and it became the first ever commercially released 12 inch dance club extended mix record.

The Troggs had many additional hits, including With A Good Like You, I Can't Control Myself, and the huge hit, Love Is All Around.

This week on Treasure Island Oldies, the Spotlight Year is 1966. Reigning over the Hot 100 at Number One are The Troggs and Wild Thing!