Monday, April 30, 2018

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies Week of April 29th to May 5th, 2018

April 29th to May 5th, 2018
 
It was fun to back together with you on The Island this week. Had a great vacation in Maui, that other island. LOL The Chat Room was filled with lots of good friends who all gave me a warm welcome home. Thanks very much. This week our Spotlight Year was 1966 and what a year it was for some fantastic music! As a  teenager, I always thought the Summer of '66 had some of the best records ever released. A few examples of songs I played include Paint It, Black by The Rolling Stones, Eddie Floyd's Knock On Wood, Stop Stop Stop by The Hollies, I'm Ready For Love by Motown's Martha and The Vandellas, and so many more. Even our Vinyl 45 of the Week, Nancy Sinatra's These Boots Are Made For Walking, sounded good and "scratchy". For a complete list of the songs I played on the show this week, please go to the Listen page and scroll down.

I sure hope that you can join me next week as we will celebrate the 21st Anniversary of Treasure Island Oldies. This is a milestone, not just for the show but for online and terrestrial radio, as it will mark one of the longest running weekly radio shows in the world.  My Webmaster, Eddy Fisher, asked me to thank you for all the great comments you've made on the cool 21st Anniversary Special video promo billboard. Love that revolving mic!

Speaking of my Webmaster, it is my great pleasure to wish Eddy Fisher a very Happy Birthday this week. In addition, long time listener, Marc Baillergeon in Montreal, Quebec is also celebrating his birthday. If your birthday coming up soon, please me know by sending the date to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the show and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

The Top Five Countdown this week is from 1966, this week's Spotlight Year. The Number One song is by The Young Rascals. Good Lovin' is playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Treasure Island Oldies Blog.

Voice Your Choice next week spotlights The Arbors, a group named after their hometown, Ann Arbor, Michigan. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either A Symphony For Susan or The Letter. I'll play the winner on the next week's 21st Anniversary show.

Listen to this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

In closing for this week, I wanted to thank you again for such a great welcome home from vacation and I sure look forward to your company next week as we celebrate the 21st Anniversary of Treasure Island Oldies.

Bye for now.
Michael