Monday, September 03, 2018

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies Week of September 2nd 2018

September 2nd to September 8th, 2018
Now that's what I call a triple! The Labour Day Back To School End Of Summer Special returned to the Island this week. The variety of songs to play is huge when there are three themes involved. For a complete list of all the songs I played on the show, just go to the Listen page and scroll down to the Playlist. I'd like to thank the many comments I received from listeners, including a very nice note from Tammy Maynard in Nashville, Tennessee. It's always good to hear from you. Fell free to send a note to me at any time to michael@treasureislandoldies.com. I also get lots of feedback at my My Facebook Page. Follow me and you'll be kept up to date on the weekly events on the show. And you certainly won't be inundated with a ton of alerts.

My sincere condolences go out to long time listener, Linda Russell Johnson, in West Plains, Missouri, for the loss of her dear partner Bob. Our thoughts and hearts go out to you, Linda.

I'm looking forward to celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving with you on the show, live Sunday, October 7th. I'll play some appropriate songs for the occasion, including Bobby Rydell's I Wanna Thank You; Be Thankful For What You've Got by William DeVaughn, and many others.

Happy Birthday wishes go out this week to Connie "Kitten" Howe in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. If your birthday is approaching, please let me know so that I can help you celebrate your special day with the Island listeners around the world. Send the date info to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the show and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

The Top Five Countdown this week is from our Spotlight Year 1966. What a summer of great hits it was too! The Number One song is by Donovan. Sunshine Superman is now playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Treasure Island Oldies Blog.

Next week the Voice Your Choice spotlight is on the poet laureate of Rock & Roll, Chuck Berry. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either Maybelline or Nadine (Is It You?). I'll play the winner next week's show.

Listen to this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Thanks again for listening to this week's show and I look forward to your company again next week.

Bye for now.
Michael